Bulk Bag for Soil Load Out
What it is
- The bulk bags can hold 1.5m3 each
- Specially designed and manufactured.
- The frame can lift four bags at a time.
- The bags are re-usable and are classed as lifting equipment so need to be tested every six months.
- Each bag is assigned its own bar code, so quality and safety checks can be recorded.
- Bags have been adapted for safe and easy use and unloading from the base.
Why we used it
- We need to lift 3000m3+ of soil and other buildup materials onto the roof.
- These would normally be delivered in 1 use x 1 ton lifting bags.0.7m3
- We need to reduce lifting times and waste materials.
- We need to reduce the safety risk of fall of materials
Was it Successful?
- Initial testing was extremely successful taking 15 mins to attach, lift 25m into the air, lower the bag and empty. This is the same time as a one tonne bag.
- No wastage from single use bags approx. 4,286 bags
The Next Steps
- Address minor tweaks. Extend lifting boom by 400mm and look at releasing clips.
- Roll out on KGX1 once the roof gardens commence.
Entry submitted by Lendlease