Morgan Sindall have created 6 total commitments which are covered by three categories to show their commitment to sustainability, these are:
- A safe environment
- Developing talented employees
- Reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions
- Reducing waste
- Improving sustainable procurement
- Supporting local economic growth
Through these total commitments Morgan Sindall have achieved the following on their sites in 2014:
- Remote monitoring devices were used to minimise noise, dust and vibration, if trigger alerts levels are approached an automated text message and email is sent to Operations team who then take immediate action to rectify the issue;
- A river was diverted using silt mitigation which made sure there were no pollution incidents;
- Site members successfully caught and moved over 600 fish during river diversion works;
- 64 work placements provided through JobcentrePlus scheme of which 18 gained full-time jobs;
- A hybrid generator was used which reduced fuel use by up to 30%;
- Asphalt planings were processed and reused on site saving 170 tonnes of CO2;
- Crushed concrete and masonry from the demolition of the site were re-used, which went towards a total of 98% of waste being diverted from landfill.
To find out more about Morgan Sindall’s commitment to sustainability, click on the video below.