The ‘Community Communications Plan’ is a strategic plan, targeting the key deliverables for the community within the next two years.
Although community engagement is always carried out, a long term strategy was implemented for the following aspects:
- Main overarching focus – Gillingham Pier, art work, apprentices and charity work;
- Regular engagement – website updates, newsletters, emails, signage and quarterly residents meetings;
- Twitter – construction progress, occupation of Boardwalk, Hoarding Painting, other events, photos and news items;
- Charity Work – taking part in a marathon, 5-aside football, other local sports and charity events;
- Community engagement – Hog Roast, Hoarding painting competition, Quiz night, cycle safety workshops, topping out, Christmas event and so on.
By carrying out regular updates, events and communications with the community, Berkeley Homes demonstrates the following:
- Positive presence, goodwill and opportunities for local residents and businesses;
- Berkeley is about placemaking. As part of our reputation we deliver individually designed homes, beautiful public realm and create strong communities;
- Care for the community through the creation of jobs and training to help young people into the construction industry.