Safety is of utmost importance during construction work, particularly for specialist activities with complex regulations and training needs. Construction companies should be seeking new and engaging ways of ensuring safety standards are met.
See the examples below for how one company addressed this:
- Developed a comprehensive interactive software package, within the specialised area of lifting, which is implemented across all sites.
- The software provides all sites, via on-site devices, with a comprehensive safety system including Company-developed videos covering a wide range of lifting arrangements, RAMS, induction and necessary documentation.
- Sites are expected to access this information and checks are made at Head Office to ensure this is the case.
- The software manages safety systems on all of the Company’s sites and provides real-time feedback to both the Company Head Office and Clients, ensuring them that safety standards are maintained.
- This package also acts as a training aid with inclusion of very realistic computer graphic videos of a wide range of lifting scenarios.
- Development of this software is continuing and the system can now be used for toolbox talks. The software now also incorporates virtual reality videos.
This system is a step forward for the lifting industry, providing up-to-date safety information to ensure standards are maintained, while also offering training opportunities to further promote on-site safety.
Company Monitor office report/Company Monitor site validation report. Pro-Lifting UK Ltd. September 2017/November 2017.