A Construction Logistics Plan (CLP) provides the framework for understanding and managing construction vehicle activity into and out of a site. It includes a full assessment of all phases of construction and gives details on routing, traffic management and community considerations.
Effective CLPs require all stakeholders in construction – Local Authorities, clients, contractors and operators – to work collaboratively.
Better and more consistent construction logistics planning will:
- Reduce road risk and drive down congestion
- Improve productivity and performance
- Facilitate safe and effective operations
- Reduce emissions and improve air quality
- Provide a consistent method to generate and capture information
- Reduce complaints from local communities and other road users.
CLP training provides guidance and support to help the construction industry work together to plan and manage construction logistics. It is delivered by CLOCS via a virtual classroom in am interactive and dynamic 3-part programme:
CLP training will help delegates to understand:
- CLP requirements and how they affect you
- The impact of sector growth and demand for safer, greener construction journeys
- The complexity of construction and importance of early collaboration
- The positive effect of good construction logistics planning
- The context of CLPs in the planning process
- How ‘Planned Measures’ can reduce the impact of construction activity
- How to make a full assessment of all phases of construction
- The benefits of getting it right
To find out more, click the link below.