This contractor have developed an app for their project. The App has been developed to have both a public and private area.
- A public Area – this is where key important information is available through the App store or a QR code without the need to login. Information such as newsletters, project history, site videos, pictures and drone footage.
- A Private area – more detailed site-specific information is available here, access will be given to people once inducted on the site – here the information has a more health and safety, quality, health and wellbeing focus.
The key focus for the app was to:
- Promote H&S engagement and awareness on the project
- Promote good behaviours and practices on quality and H&S
- Bring to the forefront Mental Health and Occupational Health awareness and information – posters, campaigns and key advice
- Highlight campaigns focusing on the important issue of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Use technology to get the message out as people are using their phones more during breaks and rest periods at work
- Encourage the public and workforce to look at and read project information and updates
- Improve communication to the workforce
- Be able to send instant communication via ‘push notifications’ to get key messages out
- Allow access to Company Standards and Information at the ‘touch of a button’
- Change Behaviours
The App also provides the contractor with a corporate identify, and will endorse their company values and promote a positive industry image to workforce, general public, suppliers and subcontractors.