A ‘Contractor’s health and safety monthly evaluation league table’ has been displayed at the entrance of the sub-contractor’s office.
The results from the monthly evaluation of all subcontractors are transferred to the board for everyone to see.
The reason to use evaluation tools and approaches is that they make the reflection process visible, more in depth, and translate it into a language so that people can understand.
The 9 Questions from the evaluation form are:
- Has the contractor carried out weekly toolbox talks in the last month and issued copies to Higgins?
- Has the contractor carried out weekly PUWER/ LOLER inspections and issued a copy to Higgins?
- Has Contractor’s H&S Advisor carried out at least 1 H&S inspection in the last month and issued copy to Higgins? Are the contractors closing out these inspections?
- Are all contractor’s operatives complying with their own RAMS?
- Are contractors wearing appropriate PPE for their tasks/ activities including compliance with Higgins Mandatory glove policy?
- Is the contractor’s housekeeping maintained at an acceptable standard at all times?
- Does the contractor comply with Higgins site rules?
- Does the contractor’s on site manager/ supervisor regularly attend the monthly site safety meetings?
- Are all accidents/ near misses reported to Higgins? Are RIDDOR category accidents thoroughly investigated by the contractor?
Evaluation helps us to get the big picture and combine different perspectives to understand the impact of a project. Creating real time evaluation feedback loops, helps us identify where improvement is required