Advising areas of caution, risk or general work is important in gathering potential safety information.
Construction sites are full of high risk areas with lots of people doing different jobs. It is therefore incredibly important to communicate and co-ordinate what type of work is occurring and where.
One site achieved this using an interactive system:
- The touch screen TV is a 52inch interactive screen which allows the subcontractors to highlight their work activities via a “Hotspot” on the screen on a floor by floor basis;
- It easily allows items to be copied to several locations or floors and moved as they change on a day by day basis;
- Activities can be added by dates so once inputted it will be there for the duration of the work;
- They can draw onto the screen and create highlighted exclusion areas or identify where stairs are closed off;
- Thus identifying where trades are working in close proximity and highlight any safety issues;
- The hotspots created allow the contractor to attach any number of tasks to identify the exact nature of work taking place;
- Once all the information is collected at the midday logistic meeting it can then be forwarded to the Black hat supervisors for their daily meeting;
- This is proving to be very easy to use and welcomed by the subcontractors.
See below for an example of the working plan as shown on the monitor.
Monitor report. Sir Robert McAlpine Ltd. London. May 2016