EcoNet Z-Lynk Power System

On this project they have made use of the EcoNet ‘Z-Lynk’ generator system comprising two generators instead of one to reduce site accommodation fuel use.

The system reduces peak power demand and saves out of hours energy consumption on heating and hot water. For a typical 10 cabin set-up, the site can run off a 40 kVA generator set up instead of 100 kVA, saving £11,000 in fuel costs and £1,400 in generator rental. Emissions are reduced by around 56t CO2 which is more than 30% of a site compound’s total impact.

From August 2020 – January 2021, the sites 40 kVA generator has supplied power 73% of the time with the 100 kVA only supplying power for the remaining 27% of the time. Through automated heating and hot water time schedule controls based around the site operating hours they have significantly reduced their electricity consumption and run time on the larger generator. This has resulted in their site fuel consumption and carbon emissions reducing by 44% compared to an equivalent site. The equivalent absolute carbon reduction forecast for our site is 82tCO2 over 12 months which is the equivalent to 112 return flights (per passenger) from Manchester to New York.

Footer Reference

Entry submitted by Balfour Beatty


Did you find this article helpful?

Please rate this article

0 votes, average: 0.00 out of 50 votes, average: 0.00 out of 50 votes, average: 0.00 out of 50 votes, average: 0.00 out of 50 votes, average: 0.00 out of 5 (0 votes, average: 0.00 out of 5)
You need to be a registered member to rate this.
Loading...

Leave a comment

Return to previous page

The Scheme does not promote or endorse any products, goods or services. For more information, click here.