The local community are often worried when a new development is planned in their neighbourhood. Generally, any change to the familiar is unwelcome and residents are worried about the disruption to their daily lives. Focus is on the negative and the numerous positive benefits highlighted at the planning application stage are ignored.
During the build-phase, Berkeley Homes made significant contributions to offset the impact of the development and bring a real economic benefit, which may not be immediately noticed or recognised by the existing local community.
Benefits of the development can easily be promoted locally. There are many opportunities such as the site newsletter, messages on the hoarding, site posters on the notice board, in marketing materials and on the website etc.
Positive Impact of the Victory Pier Development:
• Local jobs in the construction industry.
• Apprentices and training for young adults locally.
• Financial contributions towards health service.
• Financial contributions towards local leisure community facilities.
• Investment in education.
• Improvement to the public realm.
• Investment in transport and highways.
• Affordable housing.
• Awareness is raised that development generally improves a local area, brings economic benefits, raises house prices and improves the public realm.
• The Victory Pier development will leave a lasting legacy.
• Improves relationship between local residents and the developer.
• Improves the image of the construction industry.
Entry submitted by Berkeley Homes (West London) Ltd
The Scheme does not promote or endorse any products, goods or services. For more information, click here.