The Ejector Dump Truck is being used on the M20 Junction 10a Project. The positives of the CAT 730 C2 EJ that is in use on the project include:
- New operator controls: advanced traction control system and a new stability-assist system.
- A fuel-saving ECO operating mode and modification that reduce empty weight by 22%. These features combine for an up to 19% gain in fuel efficiency.
- The overall cab design results in lower inside sounds levels at 72 Db(A), a seven Db(A) reduction compared to previous models.
- For added safety, a new lighting system, which is controlled via a switch, illuminates the cab’s entry steps and LED work lights improve visibility in darker hours.
- New cab-mounted mirrors, including front mirrors, enhance all-round visibility for the operator. The machine also has a rear-view camera fitted.
- Further enhancing safe operation is the Advanced Auto Traction Control System, which features technology that proactively applies differential locks to avoid wheel spin and preventing acceleration surges when travelling over rough terrain.
The 730 C2 EJ is designed to eject loads instead of tipping, providing positive dumping of the entire load and significantly reducing the risk of overturning on site. This also makes it ideal for work in areas with overhead obstructions or restrictions and with soft underfoot conditions.