Due to vehicles and workforce travelling on and off the site, the area becomes unclean which would need serious consideration about cleaning the area without harming the environment.
The TRS TFIIOR-TRS is more energy efficient and silent road sweeper which is controlled by a variety of battery powered items and equipment.
When compared with the large HGV road sweeper, testing the TRS TFIIOR-TRS battery powered items and equipment which were evaluated on their energy efficiency, productivity and LwA properties proved that the small road sweeper is more applicable than the large HGV road sweeper.
There are many advantages using the small road sweeper:
- Noise and Vibration: The small sweeper is installed with a small battery system which minimises the LwA noise reduction factor compared to the large HGV road sweeper. The associated sound pressured generation is reduced by approximately 90%.
- Emissions: The battery powered item of equipment eradicates the emission of atmospheric pollutants in comparison to the diesel powered HGV sweeper, in turn reducing the project specific anthropogenic negativity
- Cost saving: It is likely that the project will save an excess of £1300/week through utilising the battery powered road sweeper in comparison to the alternative HGV option
- Logistic carbon reduction: As the sweeper will be situated on site, there will be approximately a 3.1t CO2e saving associated
- Man machine interface reduction: Due to the smaller size and increased mobility of the battery powered sweeper, the interface between operatives and plant is significantly reduced, which in relation to confined nature of access and egress routes, reduces the risk of collision.