Engaging the younger generation: training programme for parents and children
Sites should aim to improve and promote the image of the construction industry.
There should be a conscious effort to reach out and get involved within the local community.
Sites have achieved this by developing a learning event involving a construction activity:
- The site designed and delivered a ‘Training Programme’ for 15 parents and their children from the local nursery school, showing them how to make bird boxes;
- The site provided materials pre-cut and drilled, demonstrated assembly of the pre-cut materials and supervised assembly efforts;
- The parents and children took their bird box home;
- A camp fire was made where the site provided logs for seats and made planters;
- The site used this as an opportunity to teach residents about the importance of fire safety.
Monitor Report, Tracey Brother Ltd, Co Down, July 2015