Environmentally Friendly Alternatives: Portable Foundations
Environmentally friendly working methods and alternatives should be identified and implemented.
One site has used the Jackpad system to support single story buildings.
Below is an example of how the site made use of these portable foundations:
- Jackpads are portable foundations, suitable for most ground conditions, for modular buildings that are made from 100% recycled plastic and steel;
- They can be used on temporary and permanent modular building installations with the ability to support up to a three story building and replace traditional concrete footings;
- The foundations are height adjustable and are reusable;
- They were employed by the project to provide support for the temporary archaeological viewing platform;
- They were found to be quick and simple to install and their portability made them highly flexible and suitable for space constrained sites.
To find out more, click below.
Jackpad Click here to Download
Jackpad Information Click here to Download
Monitor Report, Laing O'Rourke Infrastructure, London, September 2015