The contractor has developed a health and safety promotional campaign titled ‘Stay Safe @Work @Home’.
The purpose of the campaign is to promote and encourage everyone to reduce the risk of accidents, incidents and ill health involving their workforce, family and members of the public at work and at home.
They want to try and expand on this by creating a safety culture where:
- Individuals hold safety as a ‘value’;
- Individuals take responsibility for the safety of their co-workers in addition to themselves;
- All employees are willing and able to act on their sense of responsibility – they can go ‘beyond the call of duty’.
They have created their campaign charter stating:
- Nothing is so important that we cannot take the time to do it safely.
- They will never knowingly walk past an unsafe act or condition.
- They are committed to the principle that all accidents and harm is preventable.
The contractor used the campaign as a framework to promote safety awareness across a number of promotional topics.
Campaign achievements during 2020 and participation in health and safety promotions included Construction Safety Week, Carbon Monoxide Week; Healthy Workplaces – Managing Dangerous Substances and IOSH No Time to Lose Campaign.
The contractor also launched a company wide WhatsApp group under the ‘Stay Safe @Work@Home’ campaign to provide information and updates on the coronavirus pandemic response. This allowed the contractor to keep their staff up to date with ever changing requirements.
To find out more, click the link below.