Any actions taken to support the local community are appreciated and demonstrate commitment to being a considerate constructor.
No matter the size of the project, direct support towards the community goes a long way. This not only helps improve the issue at hand but also forms highly important community integration.
Showing small acts of generosity and kindness can also be a morale booster and will help to improve the working environment for those involved.
Below are examples of how a site went over and above to support the local community:
- The assistant quantity surveyor identified discount that codes for ‘Meal Deals’ were distributed from a group of national food outlets every Monday;
- The workforce therefore provided their personal meal deal codes via their smart phones to the surveyor who could generate a large quantity of meal deals;
- These meal deal £1 tokens were then cashed in and the food was distributed to the local homeless in need;
- 44 had been given out to date as part of this ongoing venture;
- Members of the site team also donated money;
- Also the site’s office manager is a trustee of Handforth Community War Memorial Foundation and established a partnership for the site team to construct a new war memorial to commemorate those lives lost;
- The site team provided labour and materials for the foundations and footpath for the memorial.
You can find out more about the meal deal and Handforth Community War Memorial Foundation case studies through the resources below.
Monitor report. Carillion. Manchester. Feburary 2016