Maintaining cleanliness is essential for good appearance but it is important to ensure safety during the process.
- One site started to use a system called ‘Skyvac’ to clear out gutters up to four stories high from ground floor level;
- This comprises a high powered suction pump on a portable trolley that easily fits into a van and extendable poles to reach gutters;
- What makes this kit work so well is that there is also a camera that fits on the top of the pole with a video display on the pole for the person using it;
- This enables the operative to see the area to be cleaned and when cleaning is complete;
- However, an additional use is just the camera itself as this provides close viewing access to any out of reach defect;
- Both functions mean that scaffolding is not needed which is a great benefit in a repair and maintenance contract such as this.
For more information, please use the link below.
Monitor report. Rydon. July 2016