Attempts to raise appearance standards helps to improve the profile for the site and industry as a whole.
Sites should strive to improve first impressions in order to generate a high level of appearance for site visitors, the public and their own workforce.
The example below demonstrates how a site developed an innovative approach to maintain an exceptionally clean and well-presented compound area:
- A competition was organised for all the trade contractors to landscape the areas around their freshly sited cabin accommodation following the Theme of ‘Britain in Bloom’;
- The new compound area is situated on the fringes of the development in an area that is to be landscaped as part of the future trim trail and the features that are being created will be handed over into the public areas upon completion;
- Features already include paved footpaths, a rockery, a carp pond, a brick built barbecue area, picnic areas with benched seating, raised planters and hanging baskets;
- The aim of this competition was to enhance and maintain an outstanding first impression and overall appearance at Ryewood;
- There will be two judging rounds through the summer and it will be interesting to see the final outcomes of this innovative approach;
- The trade contractors have been clearly inspired by this to raise the standards of their own site’s appearance.
Monitor report. Berkeley Homes (Eastern Counties) Ltd. Kent. May 2016