As part of the PDM Plant Upgrade Project, the site team used an integrated approach with the Client areas of the site, which included additional landscaping in order to provide a meaningful legacy of the site activity.
These areas included;
- A landscaped berm at the waste water treatment works
- A landscaped area including sections of wild flower seeding over an area of 6000m2. This area will be further enhanced with dedicated walks cut through it when matured. Designated pedestrian paths/ walkways have been incorporated into the scheme allowing access to this area.
- A memorial garden area dedicated to the Client past and present employees was established. As the Client was 50 years in business they planted a tree for each member.
- The areas were further enhanced by Sisk through the installation of bug hotels, bat and bird houses.
- The site compound reused construction materials to improve the image of the site and also to provide some edible’s for the people on site in terms of fruit and herbs.
- Provided a recreation facility for the site staff
- Enhanced areas of the site for flora and fauna that would have been left unused.
- Improve the biodiversity on the site
- Leave a lasting legacy of the Clients 50th Anniversary and site activity