External air quality caused by dust nuisance is actively managed whereas indoor air quality management can be overlooked.
At our Greenwich site we have a committed approach to limiting dust and VOC exposure to our operatives and have undertaken the following steps;
- Air quality specialist reviewed working practices on site focusing on Drylining, Joinery and Drilling operations where a series of suggestions were made. Following this the same specialist conducted 12 dust awareness training sessions covering 250 site operatives. The training was tailored to these trades based on what the specialist had witnessed during the site visit.
In addition to training, on site mitigation has increased to provide;
- Personal vacuum packs to operatives;
- Air cube on 1 floor to trial, this helps with air cycling on the floor;
- A dust collector which sits on top of a wheelie bin to prevent rubbish and dust spilling out once the bin is emptied
- Implementation of Class M filters on site which is a higher standard then the require Class L and will capture more dust.
The outcome of this will create a cleaner work site exposing the workforce to less dust and VOC impacts.