New technologies can provide an innovative way of ensuring on-site safety.
See the examples below for how one site achieved this:
- The site used the ‘Matterport’ 3D camera and laser plotting, allowing for highly accurate measurements of services and equipment for walk through models.
- The camera also provides the ability to link O&M manuals to the data as well as providing the As Built model as per contract requirements.
- The 3D walk through allows for asset labelling of high value/sensitive plant and equipment.
- This system results in savings on personnel time for surveying and reduces the need to access areas as only one entry to the room will be required.
- Using this technology should be more accurate and provide a full representation of equipment and mitigate human error.
Monitor report. Balfour Beatty. London. November 2017.