KIDS Hackney Adventure Playground provide vital support services to disabled children, young people and their families throughout the UK. In total, KIDS provided support to over 11,000 disabled individuals and their families, alongside 80 Local Authorities.
All staff at the center are fully trained to support children with a range of complex health needs, making The Adventure Playground one of only a few specialist and fully inclusive sites in Hackney.
A lack of financial resources, volunteers and suitable equipment led this particular section of The Hackney Adventure Playground to become overgrown, until it was eventually in a state of disrepair.
Along with KIDS, the team at One Crown Place devised a plan to regenerate and transform the area into a fully functioning, stimulating and safe sensory garden that would last for several years to come.
Our works were conducted over a period of 5 days, commencing on June 16th, one of the hottest weeks of the year.
Our efforts delivered a fully refurbished play area for KIDS Hackney Adventure Playground, and through the collective effort of over 22 members of staff, we managed to:
- Cut back or remove overhanging trees and bushes.
- Demolish and re-build a new gazebo structure.
- Ply-board, paint and re-purpose graffiti wall.
- Remove and replace bed edgings with timber sleepers.
- Clear gutters and remove debris from external roofs.
- Sand, paint and install sensory panels on the new gazebo.
- Pressure wash existing structures and pathways.
- Source large tractor tyres for the sensory garden.
- Remove overgrown foliage from flower beds.