Partnering with health care professionals to raise health and wellbeing awareness
Safeguarding the wellbeing of your workforce is essential.
Efforts should be made to encourage employees to think about their health and provide information to aid them in leading a healthier lifestyle.
Below is an example of how this was achieved:
- A Health Promotion Calendar of Events with monthly themed topics was developed with close involvement from health care professionals in the Trust (for whom the new building is being provided);
- The site worked with the client on the main National Health Awareness priorities and offered these plus further initiatives in a survey to the workforce;
- This survey was used to gather information on workforce preferences and helped to create a different Health Theme on a monthly basis;
- Awareness was raised through prominent information displayed in the canteen, related practical activities (such as Trust talks and health checks) and involvement of the site canteen in providing relevant healthy eating options in line with the monthly theme;
- The site also ensured that the Trust personnel delivering talks were aware of language needs and provided posters in relevant languages;
- In addition the Trust client provided a nutrition specialist to help the canteen prepare its menu on a monthly basis with on-going links to the healthcare promotion Theme for the month.
Monitor Report, Graham Bam Healthcare Partnership, Northern Ireland, July 2015