Construction work can entail disruption to traffic, which sites should seek to minimise in order to show respect to the local community.
See the examples below for how one site addressed this:
- The Pike Traffic Control System is a way of connecting by wireless to existing traffic lights.
- The key advantage in its design is the ability to integrate temporary lights into existing permanent urban traffic control (UTC) systems, allowing remote control of signal timings on portable installations.
- This makes essential works less disruptive to both road users and pedestrians.
- Any works executed in sensitive locations means temporary traffic management can operate in conjunction with existing traffic control signals.
- This can eliminate the need for bagging off permanent light heads, and suspending pedestrian crossing points in order to create an isolated location under temporary traffic signal control.
- This system will benefit the Community and help to keep costs down, and can be used by all in the industry who are undertaking carriageway or similar works.
For more information, click the link below.
Monitor report. Northern Gas Networks. West Yorkshire. August 2017.