Contractors should always be seeking new working methods to ensure operative safety on site. This can involve devising new and innovative ways of conducting familiar tasks.
Read how one site achieved this:
- The site team developed a bespoke propriety safety propping system which enables a quick and efficient means of safety protection to a floor slab opening.
- The ‘Pink Prop’ is manufactured from mild steel and is adjustable to suit the slab opening.
- Benefits of the system are as follows:
– Provides calculated load capacity
– Quick to install and reduces the need to cut timber joists
– Adjustable and reusable, saving on waste
– Eliminates potential trip hazards
– Fully tetherable
– No drilling into the structure is necessary as the prop unit is self securing
– Used as a temporary propping scheme, but could also be applied as a permanent structural solution.
For more information, click the download below:
Pink Prop Innovation
Monitor report. Canary Wharf Contractors. London. December 2017.