Contractors should always be looking for ways to enhance safety on site.
See the examples below for how one site addressed this:
- The site used Kwik Klik poles to support cut core drill when free from the main slab.
- A pilot hole is drilled so the pole can be attached to the underside of the floor element to be drilled out.
- The core is cut using the pilot hole as a centre point, once cut core is still in place. To remove the core just push up using pole from below.
- This system increases efficiency and is safer because there is no danger of collapse.
- The site has used 130 on site so far.
Monitor report. Interserve Construction. Leicestershire. January 2018.