In February, Lendlease organised a supervisor night, hiring a local pool bar and a professional pool host. Attendees included managers from Lendlease and supervisors from all different trade contractors around site.
Supervisors were given bespoke polo shirts with the site logo on the front and drinks tokens and the winning pair received the tournament trophy.
Why we used it?
- Lendlease organised the supervisor pool night to demonstrate our appreciation to the team for their hard work.
- With the February on-site theme of “Love Yourself” a fun, free night out with friends and colleagues was ideal to remind everyone to relax after work and to encourage friendly relationships between different trade contractors.
- Given the friendly atmosphere already on site a sociable competition was a great way to enhance further the bond between the different trades.
Was it successful?
- The pool night was a huge success, feedback from supervisors and Lendlease managers alike was very positive, and relationships were built across site between colleagues who wouldn’t typically spend time together.
- The atmosphere on the night was friendly and comfortable, with everyone relaxing and enjoying the evening. The success of the evening was evident particularly on site the following week, with people in the canteen chatting to different companies and sharing stories of the night.
- We plan to host supervisor nights regularly to show our appreciation to our supervisors and to improve working relationships between managers, supervisors and different trade contractors. We also aim to host events to the whole site team to ensure all operatives get a chance to enjoy them.