We have carefully removed, preserved and transported a historic frieze and coat of arms from an Edwardian tram garage in Wolverhampton.
Built in 1902 and extended in the 1970s to accommodate a busy bus garage, Cleveland Road Tramway Depot in Wolverhampton has been demolished as part of the city’s expansive urban redevelopment programme.
Coleman & Company was appointed as the main demolition contractor on the site and worked closely with specialists from the Black Country Living Museum to develop a method statement covering the safe and effective extraction and transportation of the historic sculptured stone.
Once the frieze and coat of arms have been assessed by experts at the museum, they will be reinstated on the outside of the museum’s Albion Tram Depot for future generations to enjoy.
For more information, click the link below.
Entry submitted by the Coleman Group.
The Scheme does not promote or endorse any products, goods or services. For more information, click here.