We are providing extensive and informative, site specific induction booklets during site inductions. The induction booklet provides:
- Summary of the project i.e. Works Toureen have been appointed to do on the project.
- Mission statement from the project manager which outlines the projects goals and values.
- Introduce the top management on the team, with their pictures, job role and contact details – a source of contact for any questions, issues or feedback.
- Information about CCS such as site registration, history of the scheme, CCS goals and sections of the code.
- Green routes to work using public transport.
- Toureen groups Health, Safety and Environmental objectives – this ensures operatives are aware of what we strive to achieve in regards to protecting health, safety and the environment. This encourages new staff to assist in achieving company objectives.
- Information on the local area including e.g. canteens, local shops, restaurants etc. This promotes staff to benefit the local community by purchasing from local businesses. A map pinpointing local businesses is used to illustrate this.
- Information on location of first aid rooms and kits, as well as where they can find out who on site is a first aider and the PPE used to identify them.
- Address of nearest A&E department, illustrated with a map and directions.
- Fire emergency procedure – including what to do in the event of a fire and fire precautions to abide by. Along with a pictorial plan illustrating fire exits and how to access them.
- Welfare facilities.
- Site rule, preventing behavioural issues.
This is a great tool for integrating new starters to the project with ease.
Entry submitted by Toureen Group.