With the multitude of information related to construction work, it can be beneficial for the site team and the community if this information is collated in one place.
See the examples below for how one site achieved this:
- Mulalley designed a web and mobile app to keep clients, customers, staff and operatives informed and up-to-date with relevant information.
- The app collates information from a variety of sources into one user-friendly system.
- The app is divided into three distinct versions for site workers, residents and children.
- The site app is for staff, operatives and supply chain partners
– The Welfare section details where nearby Mulalley sites are located with information relating to the person in charge of site. When works are spread out across a Ccunty and/or various London boroughs, the provision of welfare and access to information is difficult to secure with permanent sites so we have utilised our existing sites and shared the information.
– The Crash Map shows accident hot spots. To help adhere to CLOCS and FORS, this tab allows road users to identify potential hazards/risks via reported road collision statistics website.
– The First Aid tab directs users to the St. John Ambulance website and offers advice. Whilst all staff are First Aid trained, the geographical spread of the works means they are not always present and available to assist in the first instance and if the operative is unsure, they have something to access quickly.
– Chat tab allows the user to email the person in charge of site in confidence and also displays the Construction Industry Helpline number
– CCS takes the user directly to the CCS Website
– Videos are stored including CLOCS, FORS, CCS for Site Operatives and currently it shows the Asbestos Hidden Killer video.
– The Content tab displays the latest Safety bulletin, and notifications are issued when updates are ready to view, for example a new ‘Spotlight on…’ is released.
– AED shows locations of the user’s nearest defibrillator via the Heartsafe website.
– Further to a site specific induction the Site Quiz tap includes quick quizzes to test operatives’ knowledge and remind them of what actions required.
– The News tab has Mulalley’s magazine “infocus” which informs the reader of current projects and successes including columns written by Board Directors.
- The resident app focuses on the project works. It includes some of the sections above as well as the Resident Liaison Officers’ contact details and up to date newsletters.
- The kids/young persons app uses the Ivor Goodsite website for construction-related games and also includes training and employment opportunities available via Mulalley’s main website.
Visit the three apps using the links below: App for site workers App for residents App for children and young people
View a PowerPoint detailing the apps using the link below.
Monitor report. Mulalley and Company Ltd. London. January 2018.