The site team at the Visage Student Accommodation project in Aberdeen have delivered over and above expectations with the local community engaging in a number of initiatives within the community.
- Using surplus materials from another site to build plant pots and take to a local primary school, the children had great fun planting;
- The site is bounded by a Chinese restaurant where it was agreed to brush the car park once a month as a gesture of goodwill to our neighbours. They have also benefited from a monthly voucher for our safety award;
- Directly adjacent to the site is a local transport and bowling club, the team have weeded all of the borders and weed killed the paths;
- A local resident approached us to ask if we had any spare or surplus materials that she could have to use to assist in her building a summer house. We were delighted to help and donated some insulation sheets and some off cuts of timber;
- We have involved ourselves with the unpaid work department at Aberdeen City Council where we have now put the wheels in motion to assist in introducing individuals back into work;
- Our local supply chain have clubbed together and bought a defibrillator for the site to increase our first aid capabilities. Mark Straker asked a representative from the local businesses to be trained in its use. This will be donated to the bowling club once we finish as a legacy item.