Ensuring the workforce feel valued helps create a positive and productive atmosphere on site. This can be achieved by recognising individual contributions to the project and engaging with the supply chain.
See the examples below for how one site addressed this:
- The site had graphics applied to its meeting table and canteen tables promoting the company and the project.
- The circular meeting table features a nautilus which is the company’s brand image.
– Other images on the table include CGI images of the completed building and an image of the specialist joinery panels used throughout the building.
– The names of principle members of the project team are scattered around the table.
- The site decided to extend the idea to the canteen tables, using the names of various subcontractors employed on the project.
- Displaying these messages in areas used by operatives and the project team encourages inclusion in the team and makes the workforce feel valued.
Monitor report. Overbury plc. London. October 2017.