Parking is one of the most common complaints from the public, linked to construction activities.
Issues surrounding parking can cause friction and difficult relations with the local community, which could also potentially effect the completion of a project.
Examples of how this could be avoided include:
- Developers were asked to contain the majority of parking on site, through encouraging van share, promoting public transport networks or implementing a shuttle bus;
- Staff were given advice on considerate parking in the street, such as no parking on pavements, or to avoid blocking drives;
- Contact details were provided and any diversions properly signed and managed;
- An understanding of who the neighbours were and particular demographics helped to plan site works and avoid early starts/minimise activity over weekends;
- Vehicle windscreen stickers displayed contact details in event of causing issue with access or parking, with priority given to residents.
Construction News, June 2014;
Second visit Monitor Report, Keepmoat, October 2014.