The Supply Chain Sustainability School is an online resource available for all individuals working in the construction industry. The School addresses a range of topics from Waste and Carbon, Fairness, Inclusion and Respect, Modern Slavery and many more sustainability issues.
To help the construction sector tackle these industry-wide issues, the School has developed a number of Toolbox Talks for a variety of sustainability topics, including waste, mental wellbeing, and language.
To access the following Toolbox Talks, you must be registered with the Supply Chain Sustainability School. Registration with the School is free of charge and can be completed by clicking here.
- Community Engagement provides operatives with guidance on how they should engage with the community when working on construction projects.
- Air Quality introduces the issue of air pollution and educates operatives on how they can improve air quality on site.
- Energy Efficiency explains to operatives the advantages of being energy efficient for business and the environment.
- Water educates operatives on the benefits of being more efficient with their waste usage and encourages operatives to reduce water use on site.
- Fairness, Inclusion and Respect encourages operatives to adopt workplace behaviour that promotes values of respect.
- Language educates operatives about the appropriate language and behaviour they should use on site.
- Mental Wellbeing raises awareness of the issue of mental health and wellbeing among operatives.
- Modern Slavery informs operatives about what to do if they believe a colleague is an illegal worker.