We have developed an app which is run from iPads in the welfare facilities.
The site staff have a range of info that is easily accessible and they can also download the app to their phones using a QR code.
The app has several sections including:
- Project Information – The latest drawings, layout, CGIs and details of the First Aiders/ Fire Marshals
- Hazard Near Miss – A reliable and confidential way to report hazards/ near misses
- DABS – Daily activity briefings
- Logistics – Displays the project logistics plan and site deliveries for the day
- HSEQ Info – Links to HSE web pages which can be updated to fit with activities on site
- Gives the site team links to the Construction Industry Helpline, Go Construct careers and the CCS website site as well as links to CLOCS and financial help, etc. It also details other initiatives, for example it is currently showing the upcoming cycle safety event in July
- Nurse Booking – The site team can book appointments directly with the site nurse ensuring complete confidentiality
- Feedback – The team have the opportunity to register complaints, compliments and suggestions which are sent directly to the relevant manager
- Health Aware – Looks at different occupational health initiatives and is currently showcasing Mental Health Awareness for Mental Health week, healthy eating, giving up smoking and giving blood
- Environment – Gives details of our sustainability performance, toolbox talks, spill response and latest initiatives
- Book Event – Enables the site team to book events.
- Social Media – Linked to all project social media