A culture of continuous positive safety performance should be embedded on site.
It is important to identify risks, monitor safety performance, reinforce key messages and learn from any mistakes or near miss incidents.
Below is an example of how sites have used cameras to monitor and highlight any potential safety risks on site:
- Operatives were fitted with GoPro camera’s, which gave a ‘first person’ perspective of the works taking place;
- The video footage was used to record critical works,with footage projected onto a white painted wall in the work areas to review RAMS and controls;
- This was also analysed by safety managers looking for any improvements in design and construction methods that could be made;
- Once reviewed the RAMS was adjusted, with lessons learned reviews and a searchable safety alert database created and communicated to the workforce as a result;
- They were also able to view any hazards that may be around and any potential problems with the construction.