Hercules Site Services Ltd have launched a brand new, industry-first mobile recruitment app designed to improve the efficiency of the recruitment and on-boarding processes for construction site workers, in addition to tackling some of the recruitment problems facing the construction industry.
Their unique solution is to match workers to potential jobs using their home location and specific industry qualifications whilst offering them the flexibility to provide their information at a time that is more convenient to them. As candidates express an interest in a job opportunity (either via reviewing their matched jobs or responding to a notification sent to them advising of a match) their recruitment team are able to communicate with them via the app in addition to the traditional methods depending on what is convenient for each candidate.
Once Hercules have decided on a suitable candidate and they have accepted the position, the app recognises all of the documentation that they need to verify (including Right to Work documentation and training certificates) and allows their chosen candidate to upload copies of this documentation via the app. Some of the other benefits that the app is already providing are:
- A streamlined, more efficient recruitment process.
- Quicker delivery of the right operative to construction projects.
- Reduction in paper documentation.
- Earlier compliance checking.
- Better targeting for local employment which will lead to better fatigue management, increase in local employment, reduction in individual’s CO2 emissions, greater flexibility for workers.
Monitor report. Hercules Construction. Wiltshire. November 2019.