Reducing plastics and packaging at site level is an important way in which the industry can work towards protecting the environment. Even small steps can make a huge difference and will set a precedent for environmentally conscious behaviour.
Site Managers can set an example by:
- Encouraging operatives to participate in environmental campaigns such as #PassOnPlastic, #PledgeLessPlastic and National Recycling Week.
- Working with local communities by participating in local litter picks, clean-up events and beach clean-ups.
- Donating unused or unwanted plastics and packaging to local communities.
- Encouraging operatives to reduce the amount of single-use plastics and packaging they use in their daily lives.
- Encouraging operatives to think of ways the site can reduce plastic and packaging waste, as this can drive forward best practice and innovation.