Occupational health is beginning to be considered as important as on-site safety. Companies should have comprehensive policies in place to ensure occupational health and wellbeing.
See the examples below for one company’s innovative approach:
- The company had an occupational health programme which was not receiving sufficient traction within the business.
- In response, they developed an integrated strategy to assist their employees and contractors improve their lifestyle and boost their wellbeing.
- The initiative focused on seven ‘activators’, including physical activity, stress and mental health.
- Analysis of the initiative showed reduced absenteeism, reduced recruitment costs, improved morale, better succession planning, better communication, reduced injuries and improved financial performance.
- The efficacy of the programme was recognised with a national award from the UK Chambers of Commerce for Health and Wellbeing.
Company Monitor report. Maurice Flynn & Sons Ltd. January 2018.