This company have been developing solutions to reduce furniture waste. This initiative addresses the seemingly simple re-use of site accommodation furniture, which is notoriously complex in application.
Challenges presented within the process of successfully uplifting, managing and redistributing products include;
- Time limited site access and requirement for qualified personnel
- Low value furniture products vs high labour cost
- Inconsistent stock:demand ratios
- “Disposable” nature of contract products and existing culture/expectation for “new”
Using a comprehensive asset management and logistics system, the company has produced a viable operation that proves workable and cost-efficient for the client, with tangible waste and carbon-saving benefits.
- Furniture is supplied and installed at site.
- At the end of the project, furniture is removed and returned to a refurbishment and storage facility.
- Used products are graded before storage, with two levels of acceptable product (A/B grade) and a third (C grade) requiring refurbishment/maintenance to return to A/B quality.
- An online portal enables the client to access real-time stock information which can be called-off for installation at the next site setup.
With a unique understanding of construction industry requirements, the design team provides expert space planning to maximise capacity and layout. Furniture is then called off, delivered and installed by qualified professionals.
The service has been operated nationally for two major industry contractors, proving significant environmental and economic benefits.
To find out more, click the link below.