22 Bishopsgate has designed their temporary offices following the WELL Standard ethos, making Multiplex the first Main Contractor to promote health and wellbeing principles during the construction phase of a project.
Numerous studies have established that people’s health and wellbeing are impacted by their environment, and have proved the benefits of incorporating biophilia into our built surroundings, like reducing stress and improving mental agility and moods. Our Team committed to create a workplace that promotes this intrinsic connection between humans and nature improving the health, comfort, wellbeing and productivity of our staff.
Biophilic features implemented at our offices and the potential benefits include:
- Direct sunlight infiltration and views to the outside space from ‘oversized’ windows. This can positively influence the circadian system and improve visual comfort.
- Direct visual contact with nature, providing potted plants and flowers. This can be stimulating and calming and can improve mental engagement.
- Large clear uninterrupted floor space. The feeling of large spaces improves social interactions and facilitates communication.
- Walls painted using a variety of colours, offering different atmospheres improves moods and mental health.
- Incorporation of natural textures found in nature. We have included wooden tables, benches and chairs. Wood textures are reminiscent of being outdoors. This can increase tranquillity and reduce anxiety.
- Inclusion of atypical features to create an exciting environment. We have colourful LEGO® partition walls to improve visual nourishment and comfort.