Site related health risks should be carefully monitored and addressed to ensure the safety of the workforce.
The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005, requires that all hearing protection zones are identified by means of a sign. That is the reason why, Creek Road launched a customised solution for the workforce.
There are two types of Customised Hearing Protection:
- Qeos XT: For project director, site manager, site engineer etc, which has high frequency attenuation.
- Qeos OS: For traffic marshall, slingers and operatives, this features a uniform response filter for improved communication, that can be used with a mobile phone or walkie-talkie.
Benefits of this customised hearing protection include:
- Not necessary to remove them for a conversation (Qeos XT), phone call or while using a walkie talkie (Qeos OS);
- Delivered in an individual bag for each equipped employee containing – hearing protectors, a maintenance and hygiene kit and a storage case made of airtight, resistant polypropylene equipped with a belt clip;
- A users guide is included to provide maintenance advice and ensure the protectors remain effective and comfortable to wear;
- Compared to disposable ear plugs, these hearing protectors are environmentally-friendly and guaranteed for six years;
- Cost effective.
The hearing protectors have been trialled on Creek Road and will be rolled out to other sites, to help improve the hearing protection of the workforce.
To find out more about customised hearing protection, click below.
Entry submitted by Bouygues UK.