It is essential that every site gives careful consideration to its potential impact on the natural environment.
As part of the environmental plan, there should be safe working practices for dealing with hazardous waste, to ensure that it is stored, handled and transported correctly.
Arrangements should be made for appropriate refuelling areas, and bunded tanks, drip trays and spill kits should be made available and used by trained staff, as appropriate.
Below is an example of how sites have used storage bags for the containment of spills and COSHH waste:
- Hazibags provided secure and easy storage for hazardous waste;
- They were highly visible, which encouraged good practice by staff and contractors;
- Hazibags saved space and were easy to store as empty bags are flat-packed and take up less space in delivery and storage than traditional containers, helping to keep sites tidy, improving health and safety and general housekeeping;
- Transport emissions and costs were reduced as over 100 flat packed Hazibags fit on a pallet taking up the space of 4 x 200 litre drums or 1 IBC;
- Hazibags were then adopted across all of the company’s sites.
To find out more about Hazibags click here.
To read a case study showing the benefits of Hazibags click download below.