Access roads and compounds for new construction projects are only temporary and will have to be removed and the area reinstated after the project is over. The top soils on the site will have to be trucked away to allow for the import of stone, or will have to be kept somewhere on-site for the reinstatement of levels, after removing the stone etc. The imported stone which caused all that trucking to site and placement work at the start of the project is now classified as waste and will have to be found a new home or trucked away to expensive landfill.
At Barlby Schools we are using ground protection ‘Maxi Track’ to provide safe access routes for lorries and heavy construction vehicle, given the ground conditions on site. The product is made from 100% recycled plastic and is fully recyclable after it has reached its lifetime use. This is a sustainable alternative to installing temporary haul roads formed from imported materials (Type 1, Type 2) or concrete.
The benefits of this product are:
- Compared to the traditional option there was a saving of approximately £4000.
- The product has a simple install procedure and does not take very long to lay and start using. Whereas with type 1/2 it would have to be brought in, distributed and then compacted.
- Leaves a more durable surface and safer to walk on than Type 1 or 2 and also comes with a 5 year guarantee.
- MaxiTrack is made up of a lightweight plastic and is easily handled by 2 workers and is also finished with a non-slip surface.
- Made from 100% recycled plastic and fully recyclable after it has reached its lifetime use as well as being UK manufactured from UK waste materials.
To find out more, click the link below.