Heron Bros recently completed construction work on £8m Crookfur Primary School in Newton Mearns. While delivering the project, Heron Bros demonstrated their commitment to ensuring the safety of all stakeholders.
Heron Bros in partnership with Crookfur Primary School delivered a Road Safety Awareness Campaign which coincided with Road Safety Week. The campaign targeted Crookfur Primary School Pupils with the aim of raising awareness of road safety with the children and their parents. The campaign also served to promote alternative safe and sustainable methods of transport to school through the unveiling of the new travel plan.
The campaign lasted one week, and the initiatives delivered during the Road Safety Week included:
- Road Safety Banners & Bumper Sticker Design Competition: Crookfur pupils were tasked with designing Banners and Bumper Sticker which promoted Road Safety. The winning designs were unveiled to kick off Road Safety Week. All pupils and staff received the winning design as bumper sticker to be displayed on their cars.
- Crookfur Travel Plan Information Leaflet: The school’s Junior Road Safety Officers produced a brand new travel plan information leaflet for Crookfur Primary School
- Road Safety Debate: Primary 5 held a debate on the topic “Should primary children be allowed to walk to school alone”
- A walking bus to school and use of purpose built cycle proficiency area
- Travel Safety warden visit: Visit for Primary 1 from Travel Safety Warden learn more about road safety
- Road safety interactive learning and games throughout the week