The office for The Dumont site team was inherited from three Network Rail viaduct archways.
The arches were converted into site offices using a stand-alone metsec framing system, with extremely high energy efficiency measures in place.
This made it one of the most sustainable offices in Berkeley Group. It included the following measures:
- Site office thermally insulated beyond recommended U-values (roof/walls/floor <0.4W/m2K);
- Triple glazing;
- ‘Kill’ override switch for non-essential circuits;
- Instant boiling water tap, avoiding repeatedly boiling a kettle throughout the day
- A++ energy rated kitchen appliances (fridge & dishwasher)
- PIR operated LED lighting throughout;
- Site office on thermostat control, with TRVs to individual radiators;
- All gas and electricity supplies are on 100% renewable tariffs with EDF;
- Danskin raised acoustic flooring used (all timber FSC / PEFC) as opposed to traditional screed, with Danskin floor having lower embodied carbon footprint;
- Bathrooms fitted with highly efficient hand dryers, push taps and PIR urinals