With World Mental Health day on the 10th October 2018, Telford Homes ran a campaign to help raise awareness and educate personnel across the business on the importance of Mental Health. The week was planned and led by a dedicated “Health and Well-being” working group that was set up by Senior Management. The week was focused both within the office and site environments with activities for all to get involved. Some examples of the weeks activities included:
- Opening and closing presentation to the business, led by the CEO and Managing Director.
- Online booking system for personnel to read up on speakers and book their place.
- Various speakers from the likes of Samaritans, MIND, BUPA, the Lighthouse Club and more.
- Educational activities including Mindfulness, Yoga and Lighthouse Club activities.
- Stress balls, shaped as hard hats, handed out to everyone in the business
- External “help” cards handed out to all operatives.
- Dedicated Intranet page created for Mental Health, which now holds recordings of all the presentations that were filmed.
- Mental Health First Aid training provided to 16 people across the business.
- Telford Homes Logo and strap line created (Time to Talk).
- All First Aiders/Champions wore specifically designed T-Shirts with the new logo and strap line, not only to promote the week, but to be there for others if necessary.
- Toolbox Talk on Mental Health delivered to approximately 1300 operatives on sites.
The week proved to be successful, with the numbers of interested in Mental Health First Aid training now increased to 40 (approximately 20% of the whole business).
Entry submitted by Telford Homes.