With the amount of pollutants on a construction site, there is significant potential for environmental damage. For instance, sites must be constantly vigilant against oil and hydrocarbon spills.
See the examples below for how one site addressed this:
- Used a new microbiological spray to disperse small oil spills.
- Phased out the use of Bioversal to use Polysorb BioMagic BM351, which is a non-hazardous biodegradable oxidant that stimulates natural bacteria and fungi thereby accelerating the bio-remediation of all forms of land and water contamination.
- Polysorb BioMagic BM351 is an oxygen-rich liquid that is manufactured from Oxygen & Nitrogen bearing salts made into solution by dissolving into pure water. This means that there are no poisons or harmful chemicals in it, therefore being safe around humans, animals, plants and the environment.
- BioMagic BM351 is a hydrated compound that when applied attracts moisture; this keeps the bacteria working and also works as a surfactant, breaking the surface of the hydrocarbon spilled.
- BioMagic BM351 is a natural bio-stimulant which enhances natural bacteria to break down waste products completely, being oxygen rich changes the bacteria from anaerobic to aerobic which has been proven to make the bacteria 10 times more efficient in breaking down the waste product.
- This product allows a fast effective non-hazardous method for handling hydrocarbon spills. Preventing the need for spill kits, which create more hazardous waste and the need for excavating ground which would be removed from site as hazardous waste and require treatment.
- Spray kits are provided in all vehicles/plant.
This effective method ensures the thorough and immediate response to small spills, improving the site’s impact on the environment.
Monitor report. Roadbridge. Dumfries & Galloway. March 2017.