At John Sisk & Son, we use a web based platform called SmartWaste, which enables all of our projects to measure, report and manage waste generated on our construction sites, whether these waste materials are retained, re-used on site, or sent for recycling/ processing. Site Managers and Environmental Managers will understand exactly what waste materials are being generated from project level, up through the corporate hierarchy to overall company level. With the information provided by SmartWaste, these can then be targeted and reduced, resulting in reducing the projects carbon footprint and as well as major cost savings.
A waste management plan is ideal for maximising re-use and recycling of waste materials on site, as well as improving a company’s overall recycling rate and the diversion of waste from landfill. It also provides the project with a comprehensive platform for managing compliance with Duty of Care waste regulations ensuring that all necessary evidence of waste carrier licenses and environmental permits for waste facilities are in place and stored electronically.
Other reasons why we use the platform at John Sisk include:
- Monitor water use, recycling, reuse and discharge to deliver environmental benefits.
- Reduce the CO2 footprint of a project.
- Compare energy performance with UK construction sector energy benchmarks.
- Understand travel and transport impacts and improve our environmental processes.
- Ensure the use of certified, sustainable materials.
- Project Considerate Constructor Scheme (CCS) scores.
- Incidents, complaints visits.
To find out more, click the link below.