In the event of an emergency, it is vital that this is communicated to the relevant staff to allow for a swift and effective response. Sites should always be seeking to improve their emergency procedures to ensure their efficiency.
See the examples below for how one site approached this:
- The site team worked with Ramtech Electronics to develop a new health and safety communication tool which sends information to mobiles to save time in case of a fire/first aid emergency.
- The project team were looking for a system that could complement existing safety practices, by ensuring all information regarding safety incidents – and responses to them – were delivered instantly and securely to the individuals that needed it.
- WES REACT combines wireless devices on-site, cloud-based technology and a mobile application to provide real-time alerts in the event of fire, medical alert, and similar site alarms.
- In the event of an incident on site, all relevant members of the project team receive instant notifications.
- WES REACT includes call points and detectors installed around site, the cloud-based control panel and a mobile app.
- The system was successfully trialled on this project and was officially launched at UK Construction Week in October 2017.
For more information about WES REACT, watch the video and click the link below.
Monitor report. Bowmer & Kirkland. South Yorkshire. March 2018.